Friday, February 14, 2020

NEW UCPTD Trade Alert - Option Buy Back - ABBV - Covered Call


My Youtube ChannelFacebook GroupMy CC PodcastsFREE SpreadsheetsCPTDashboard.com
Click hereClick hereClick hereClick hereClick here
NEW TRADE ALERT
Friday, February 14, 2020
Covered Call Option Buy Back
Closed a Covered Call position with Abbvie Inc. (ABBV) this week
ORIGINAL TRADE
TRADE KRUM! (see details below)DAYSCash on Cash %Annualized
$514.9632.90%352.38%
The trade results and did it meet expectations?
CLOSED OUT MY ABBV TRADE EARLY - WHY? I didn't want my ABBV shares taken ... its Friday, this option expires today and the stock is trading UNDER the money - I didn't want to chance it and have the stock price poke up above my strike ... so with a LIMIT order in place at 0.10 ABBV stock fell just enough to trip, the BUY BACK happened and now I can move on. Pocketing a little krum just as I thought ----> READ my original post ---> Notice that my calculations below are not based on the current stock price of ABBV rather instead when I purchased the stock + the dividend I received ... reason, I bought the stock for a CCW+DIV Capture trade ... I bought the stock but the price action didn't materialize for a CCW so I held the stock ... which lucky me, caught a little wind under its sails and is now trading higher from my stock purchase price. With my investment now gaining some 8% in this very short window and ABBV trading above its 50 SMA ... I feel that it might PULL BACK a bit and I can take advantage of TIME DECAY with a 3 day option expiring Friday Feb 14th. My Expectations are that the stock will run out of gas and NOT stay above its current stock price of $95.98 (price at time of this posting ... time value will shrink and even IF ABBV trades above my strike $95 (ITM) I can buy back this option CHEAPER by Friday, pocket the difference for a short term, couple hundred buck profit and look to do it again.... if my shares are taken ... a very profitable 11% trade in this very short window. ALSO NOTICE > DELTA says this option has a 65% of finishing ITM and that's probably because this trade is an IN THE MONEY trade ... I'm guessing not based on what I've written above :)
ORIGINAL TRADE BREAKDOWN
DATECOMPANYSYMBOLSHARESSTOCK WAS
Feb-11Abbvie Inc.ABBV200$88.90
CCW STRIKEEXPIRATIONPREMIUM RECVCONTRACTSCoC % ROO
$95.00Feb-14$1.5029.88%
BUY BACK
WHY DID I BUY THIS OPTION BACK?
read above on this one
RESULTS FROM THE OPTION BUY BACK
SYMBOLWHEN STOCK WAS TRADING @CASH PROFIT
ABBV$94.5x$514.96
PREMIUM RECVBUY BACK PRICEREAL $ ?DIFFERENCE / TV $CoC% GAIN
$1.50$0.10$0.00$0.102.90%
Always look at a company's chart ... it tells a story and that story could be UP or DOWN


Education Corner
Great Covered Call video posted at
Covered Call - Description - A covered call is a financial market transaction in which the seller of call options owns the corresponding amount of the underlying instrument, such as shares of a stock or other securities. ... writing (i.e. selling) a call generates income in the form of the premium paid by the option buyer. Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covered_call
Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do have a position in this equity. By posting this I am by no means recommending this equity and am not front running for its performance. I have risked my own money and am accountable for the trade results.
Image credits - stockcharts.com | barchart.com | foolcdn.com | yahoo.com | earningswhispers.com | and me :)
© 2020 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.