Monday, January 26, 2026

OPEN PMCC FIRST Trade | DPST > MAX $6,627 > PREM $1,900 > (18) days UT (DPST1204.4)

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC - 2026
NEW PMCC TRADE
STANDARD POOR MAN'S COVERED CALL TRADE IS NOWOPEN
FIRST TRADE USING THIS LEAPS CALL OPTION
DAYSTHIS NEW PMCC CCW TRADE BEGINS AND ENDS
18January 26, 2026February 13, 2026
DPST
TIME AND DATE STAMP
Monday, January 26, 2026
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
TRACK THE ENTIRE TRADE PROGRESS HERE > Click LinkView Chart-DPST
UNIQUE TRADE IDENTIFIERDPST1204.4
COVERED CALL
DETAILS FOR THIS COVERED CALL TRADE
Today a NEW Covered Call position was opened using (DPST)
Direxion Daily Regional Banks Bull 3X Shares was trading for $110.94 a share when I placed this trade. I then sold (5) Covered Call contract(s) using/controlling (36250) shares for the Feb-13-2025 Expiration Date, $120 Strike Price receiving a Premium of $3.8 or $2200 in up front cash flow to begin this trade. I used a LIMIT ORDER trying to gain the MID price which in this case I was able.
PROJECTED PROFIT POTENTIAL (IF SHARES ARE NOT TAKEN)
Stock Price - placedStrike PriceTotal Prem$Contracts
$110.94$120.00$3.805
ExpireDaysProjected Cash Flow
Feb-1318$1,900.00
PREMIUM ONLY CALCULATIONSProjected CoC% gain
This is the money invested >$36,250.005.24%
WHAT IF YOUR SHARES ARE TAKEN? (CLOSEOUT LEAPS SOLD)
If my shares are taken, that means the stock has moved above my strike price of $120 which means I will make both the Covered Call Premium of $3.8 and I will basically have to SELL my LEAPS call option which is projected to be priced at $80.41. This will result in a profit as my LEAPS will be sold higher then where I bought it. I will have used this LEAPS call option for (1) trade(s).
TOTAL CLOSEOUT RETURNS ON MONEY INVESTED
CLOSEOUT equals LEAPS sold + any Covered Call premiums collected
CLOSEOUT ProjectionsCLOSEOUT CoC% +/-
$6,627.0018.28%
General plan for my Covered Call Write Cash on Cash % investments > I like to generate a 3% Cash on Cash return on my money invested ... depending on the timeframe ... 1 week, 1% is ok but if 30 days I want more like 3 to 4% preferred
COMMENTARY AS TO WHY I OPENED THIS TRADE
WHY I OPENED this PMCC Trade on > DPST

Further commentary and feelings on this trade
DPST (3x Leverage ETF to the Regional Banks) > DPST has fallen off a bit since its recent run to over $125 ... although it might not be at the bottom , Im willing to trade this $110/$111 range as my cost basis ... we will do as many trades as we can hoping to get out at our cost basis while stacking CC premiums along the way
With this new Strike Price, what is the projected LEAPS Value?
If this trades as its projected, I will make money on the LEAPS Call Option > IF my shares are taken at this strike price, my expected LEAPS value will be $80.40 , my cost basis is $-72.50
> as with every trade, I will manage this trade as it approaches expiration ... buying back the option if it adheres to my -50% and 0.10 cent guidelines. -50% guideline being, such this option price fall 50% or more in the first 2 weeks I will buy back and look to roll the option - if the this option falls to 0.10 or less (in most cases) I will buy back the option and roll it for another credit if it presents itself.
GOLDEN RULES OF COVERED CALL WRITING (AVOIDING EARNINGS)
WILL THEY HAVE EARNINGS?Verify-DPSTNO
Try to avoid Earnings Reports > Earnings can be a stocks most volatile moment so its important to try to avoid writing a covered call thru or near earnings. Even great stocks can move +/- 10% on earnings
GOLDEN RULES OF COVERED CALL WRITING (DIVIDEND EX-DATE)
WILL COMPANY HAVE AN EX-DATEVerify-DPSTNO
Try to avoid EX-Dates > Companies that have dividends will trade differently in and around its EX-Date ... keep this in mind when writing a covered call as you might have your shares taken if its profitable for the Call Buyer.
-50% , -10% RULES (PRICES WHEN I MIGHT BUY BACK)
Premium-50% Rule10% Rule
$3.80$1.90$0.38
What does this mean? If within the first week the option falls 50% I will buy back the option and look to roll for another credit ... if the option falls to 10% of the value, I will buy back and roll.
THIS TRADE WAS PLACED INSIDE MY NON-TAXABLE IRA ACCOUNT
CLOSED TRADE ENDS | NEW TRADE BEGINS
LEAPS CALL OPTION
DETAILS OF THE LEAPS CALL OPTION I PURCHASED
Below is the LEAPS Call Option purchase information. The performance part is based on a DELTA MOVE in the LEAPS vs the ACTUAL stock move so the numbers are as close as I can get them as DELTAs can change
SymbolExpirationStrikeInvestment
DPSTJun2026$40.00$36,250.00
ContractsControlling sharesDeltaPaid?
55000.9785-$72.50
The Current LEAPS value >Current Value$72.50
I AM CURRENTLY (+) or (-) this amount starting this trade >$0.00
The LEAPS value will move higher >Projected Value$80.41
The 'Projected Value' is based on where the LEAPS is valued at the start of this trade and where the LEAPS value will be at the strike price.
THE INITIAL TRADE SETUP FOR THIS TRADE
-
USING THIS LEAPS CALL OPTION, HOW MUCH PREMIUM ?
Below are all of the Covered Calls I have sold while owning this position. It does includes the current active Covered Call Trade.
Date OpenedExpire/ClosedCash FlowCoC% +/-
Jan-26Feb-13$1,900.005.24%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
0.00%
$1,900.005.24%
MY FAVORITE PMCC TRAINING VIDEO
CLICK HERE TO WATCH PMCC TRAINING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZxb8zzJLg
PMCC TRADE SETUP
The PMCC Video collection > The Download Hub contains an entire video library on how to master the Poor Man’s Covered Call investment strategy.
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell this stock
Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do own LEAPS Call Options. That could mean in my taxable , non-taxable accounts or both. I am by no means recommending this stock for purchase
Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner
© 2026 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer