Wednesday, July 22, 2026

OPEN ITM CCW Trade | LABU > $1,780 Projected Cash Flow > 2.74% (9) days > UT (LABU22538.5)

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC - 2026
ITM CCW TRADE
NEW ITM COVERED CALL TRADE IS NOWOPEN
DAYSTHIS NEW ITM CCW TRADE BEGINS AND ENDS
9July 22, 2026July 31, 2026
LABUTIME AND DATE STAMP
LABU (3x ETF to the S&P500 Bio Techs )Wednesday, July 22, 2026
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
UNIQUE TRADE IDENTIFIERLABU22538.5
Yahoo Summary Page > .https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LABU?p=LABU
-
DETAILS FOR THIS COVERED CALL TRADE
Today a NEW Covered Call position was opened using LABU
When LABU was trading at $259.93 I decided to do the ITM Covered Call where I selected the $225 strike price and was paid $38.5 in up front premium. This premium includes both intrinsic and extrinsic value where my profit actually equals $3.57 a share or $1780 in cash flow.
Stock Price wasStrike PriceExpirePremium
$259.93$225.00Jul-31$38.50
Intrinsic ValueExtrinsic ValueYour Projected Profit
$34.93$3.57$1,780.00
Cash on Cash %
2.74%
-
COMMENTARY AS TO WHY I OPENED THIS TRADE
WHY I OPENED this CCW on LABU
LABU (3x Leveraged ETF to the S&P500 Bio Techs ) having run the numbers, this trade meets most all of my expectations for a solid start to a covered call campaign. Of course I would love for this to be a one-an-done trade but if I were left holding this position ... the $225 strike/cost basis, based on its chart feels good.
➡️I gave myself -13.44% of downside protection for this trade.



HOW DID I STRUCTURE THIS TRADE?
I purchased the shares and sold the ITM Covered Call
I purchased a 99 Delta Call Option and sold the ITM Covered Call
-
PROJECTED PROFIT POTENTIAL (CCW PREM ONLY)
If this trade goes as planned, I will have my shares taken at my strike price and I will only collect the difference between the Real Money and Time Value which is the plan
STOCK PRICESTRIKEPREMProjected Cash Flow
$259.93$225.00$38.50$1,780.00
DAYS ONINTRINSIC VALUETIME VALUECash on Cash %
9$34.93$3.562.74%
Power of the 99 Delta ITM Call Option vs Buying the Shares
Owning Shares = 1.37% CoC vs 99 Delta ITM Call Option's 2.74% on $ invested
-
MY COST BASIS ON THE 99 DELTA CALL OPTIONS
99 DELTA Strike99 DELTA costControlling SharesTotal Cost
$130.00$129.96500-$64,980.00
DELTATimeValueCost% Cost Paid99 DELTA Expiration
0.99$0.010.01%Aug-7-2026
By purchasing the LEAPS Call Option I was able to simulate stock ownership using $64980. vs using $129965. had I outright bought the shares.
NOTE: I HAVE TAKEN THE TIME VALUE COST OF THE 99-DELTA CALL OPTION (SEE BELOW) AND SUBTRACTED IT FROM THE PROJECTED TIME VALUE PREMIUM PROFIT OF THE ITM COVERED CALL ABOVE
The reason I am doing this is because I want my total profit projection to represent 100% of the time value premium collected from the near-term ITM covered call and not rely on any profit projection from the 99-delta call option itself. My objective is for the 99-delta call option to behave as close to a one-for-one stock substitute as possible.

By accounting for and subtracting the extrinsic value paid for the 99-delta call option, I have effectively isolated the projected profit to the time value premium generated by the near-term covered call. In doing so, I have created a position that behaves very similarly to a Delta 1 stock position.

As a result, all profit projections can be based primarily on the time value premium collected from the near-term ITM covered call. The primary factors that will affect the final realized profit are the stock price at exit, the price paid to close the near-term covered call, and the price received when selling the 99-delta call option.

For practical purposes, this trade should behave very similarly to owning the underlying shares and writing an ITM covered call against them, with any differences primarily attributable to option execution, bid-ask spreads, and minor changes in option pricing.
-
THIS TRADE WAS PLACED INSIDE MY NON-TAXABLE IRA ACCOUNT
NO EARNINGS DURING THIS TIMEFRAME
NO EX-DIVIDEND DATE DURING THIS TIMEFRAME
-
HOW YOU WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS TRADE
ITM CC BUY SHARES > SELL CALL
I BOUGHT THE 99 DELTA ITM CALL OPTION, YOU MIGHT BUY THE SHARES
I bought 99 Delta ITM Call Option and then sold the ITM Covered Call ... you could buy the shares and select the same Strike Price for the same ITM Covered Call trade.
Stock Price wasStrike PriceExpirePremium
$259.93$225.00Jul-31$38.50
100 SharesIF SoldYour Projected Profit
$25,993.00$22,500.00$357.00
Cash on Cash %
1.37%
CASH SECURED PUT > SAME STRIKE
I DID THE ITM CC , YOU COULD DO THE CSP , SAME STRIKE
I bought 99 Delta ITM Call Option and then sold the ITM CCW ... you could select the same Strike Price and sell a Cash Secured Put ... basically the same trade with similair Cash on Cash % on money invested'
COST BASISSTRIKEPREMProjected Cash Flow
$259.93$225.00~ $3.56$356.00
Cash on Cash %
1.58%
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell this stock
Disclaimer: I may or may not currently hold a position in the underlying security discussed. You are always welcome to ask whether I am holding a position at the time of discussion.
Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner
© 2026 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer