| All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC - 2020 | ||||
| NEW TRADE ALERT | ||||
| Covered Call Trade Expired (shares taken) | ||||
| DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'. | ||||
| Covered Call position was closed | ![]() | |||
3M Corp.
| ||||
| TIME AND DATE STAMP | . | Friday, June 19, 2020 | |||
| The Headline Krum! for this Final trade | ||||
| TRADE KRUM! | DAYS | Cash on Cash % | Annualized | |
| $3,850.96 | 33 | 5.27% | 58.25% | |
| 3M shares finished at expiration above the strike price, shares were taken. | ||||
| The trade idea and what was the expectation | ||||
| IF you remember, I bought the stock at $133x, wrote a Covered Call thinking I would hold the stock thru the ex-date ... MMM jumped into the $150's and to collect the dividend I needed to ROLL this for a credit and I did ... I ADDED the Buy Back to my cost basis and with my shares being taken at $155 and the 2 CCW + the Div Capture, this is my profit for this 43 day trade ... not too bad if you ask me :) | ||||
| Max Profit Projections for this trade | ||||
| COMPANY | SYMBOL | SHARES | STOCK PRICE | STRIKE |
| 3M Corp. | MMM | 300 | $149.24 | $155.00 |
| PREMIUM RECV | BUY BACK PRICE | DIFFERENCE | CASH PROFIT | CoC% GAIN |
| $2.10 | $0.00 | $2.10 | $630.00 | 5.27% |
| Stock Appreciation for this trade | ||||
| STOCK PRICE | DATE | SHARES | INVESTED | APPRECIATION |
| $142.90 | Apr-27 | 300 | $42,870.00 | $3,630.00 |
| Anyother Covered Calls while holding this position? | ||||
| DATE | PREMIUM | SHARES | KRUM COLLECTED | |
| May-15 | $1.73 | 300 | $519.00 | |
| I wrote a Covered Call back in March | ||||
| How much Total Money did you make on this Trade? | ||||
| STOCK MOVE | TOTAL PREMIUMS | DIVIDENDS | TOTAL PROFIT | |
| $3,630.00 | $4,369.96 | $432.00 | $8,431.96 | |
| CASH ON CASH PERCENTAGE GAIN FOR ENTIRE TRADE | ||||
| DURATION | CASH ON CASH % GAIN | ANNUALIZED | ||
| 43 | 19.67% | 166.96% | ||
| Always like looking at the charts | ||||
| Education Corner | ||||
| Great Covered Call video posted at | ||||
| Covered Call - Description - A covered call is a financial market transaction in which the seller of call options owns the corresponding amount of the underlying instrument, such as shares of a stock or other securities. ... writing (i.e. selling) a call generates income in the form of the premium paid by the option buyer. Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covered_call | ||||
| Disclaimer - No - at the time of this posting I did not own the shares of this equity. and it probably means I've done a Cash Secured Put ... for which if this trade goes against me I *will* own these shares ... I risk my own money on this trade and am accountable for the trade results. | ||||
| Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy. | ||||
| Image credits - stockcharts.com | barchart.com | foolcdn.com | yahoo.com | earningswhispers.com | ||||
© 2020 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
| Disclaimer | |||

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.