| > Special Offer < Refer a friend, if they sign up you get a free month of the Upgrade CPT Dashboard | ||||
| My Youtube Channel | Facebook Group | My CC Podcasts | FREE Spreadsheets | CPTDashboard.com |
| Click here | Click here | Click here | Click here | Click here |
| DISCLAIMER: These trades I have already done. I'm not recommending these stocks as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'. | ||||
| MONTHLY TRADE RECAP | ||||
| UCPTD Monthly Trade Recap - August 2021 | ||||
| Using Covered Calls and Cash Secured Puts ONLY! | ||||
| What constitutes a profit? Covered Call and Cash Secured Put premium and if I purchased a stock or ETF to use exclusively for the selling premium strategy and I sell the stock during the same timeframe for a profit and or if my shares are taken away from me at a profit. Simple as that - now let's break it down! | ||||
| TRADES | PROFITS | WINNERS | LOSERS | |
| 7 | $3,590.00 | 7 | 0 | |
| My summary of the Month, Expectations and Results | ||||
| August 2021 made my goal for Selling Premium but was disappointing... still had 7 trades and 7 were closed making a profit. Making over 2% for the month, using ~$166K is rewarding compared to other months this year where I used as much as $600k+ ... $3,590 is still a good month ... going to try to pump that up, would like to move my goal UP to $3,500 from $2,500 in 2022. | ||||
| PROFIT BREAKDOWN (Stock & Premium) | ||||
| HOW MUCH TOTAL CAPITOL WAS USED? | ||||
| Explanation of Total Capital Used ... every trade ties up capitol ... if I do a CSP I have to set aside that amount of money ... that trade has a capital requirement ... it gets logged. If I bought a stock and wrote a Covered Call ... that trade has a capital requirement and it gets logged ... so all of these trades equaled a Total Capital Requirement of what's below | ||||
| $166,143.00 | ||||
| Wait, you always say you use $225,000 yet this number can be higher? ... Yes ... remember, I chipped off about ~$225,000 to buy the stocks I use ... sometimes I have $225k worth of stocks, sometimes I do not ... this is purchased stocks. The number above represents many Selling Premium trades using the SAME STOCK .. so I didn't use more ... | ||||
| STOCK + DIVIDEND PROFIT | PREMIUM PROFIT | |||
| $0.00 | $3,590.00 | |||
| BREAKDOWN OF THE MONEY INVESTED FOR THE MONTH | ||||
| THIS AREA IS PREMIUM +/- ONLY --- (STOCK +/- LISTED BELOW) | ||||
| USED THIS MANY STOCKS | MONTH CASH ON CASH % | |||
| 6 | 2.16% | |||
![]() | ||||
![]() | ![]() | |||
| COMPANY | SYMBOL | % GAIN | TOTAL $$$ GAINS | |
| Cummins Inc | CMI | 2.13% | $515.00 | |
| PINS | 4.86% | $1,062.00 | ||
| Rocket Group | RKT | 2.09% | $1,260.00 | |
| Bristol Myers | BMY | 0.86% | $116.00 | |
| United Parcel Service | UPS | 0.77% | $147.00 | |
| Rocket Group | RKT | -0.69% | -$60.00 | |
| Marathon | MARA | 3.00% | $550.00 | |
| These trades are 100% closed - I may still own the shares | $3,590.00 | |||
| My thoughts on the Monthly Krums! (above) | ||||
| Nice month as I achieved my goal of +$2,500 a month ... it's always a good feeling when you can set goals and reach them ... I know these days I should INCREASE my monthly goal from $2,500 to something higher but remember, can I make real money in retirement ... $2,500 + social security would probably give me a budget of the kind of money needed to live a good life in retirement WITHOUT working ... so I keep this goal and try to beat it every month! | ||||
| Premium Profit / Loss and $$$ invested | ||||
| Below are all the Premiums, Money Invested and Cash On Cash % gains or losses ... also the contracts used to obtain these results | ||||
| COMPANY | TYPE | CONT/SHRS | MONEY INVESTED | |
| CMI | CCW | 100 | $24,184.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: CCW - I have no problem doing the $250 CCW which is at my cost basis for the stock purchase ... considering I got some +5 on the CSP and with this +5 for a CCW ... that would be some nice gains cash on cash for such a LARGE SP500 type company.] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - Earnings out, things are good at Cummins so my $5.50 CCW Prem being just 0.30 ... we buy back and will look to sell something AND try to capture the dividend as its Ex-Date is ~8/19 ] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Jun-25 | |||
| PINS | CCW | 300 | $21,846.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: CCW - I have 500 shares but only using 300 for this CCW as I think the stock might find its way into the low 80's ... so will let the stock move higher ... but until then gonna do this 3 contract OTM $77 (which $77.50 is my true cost basis) and if the shares are taken its a close enough clean deal for me] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - this PINS option price had fallen to a mere 0.06 and with 10 days left, I buy back the option and now combine these 300 shares with the other 200 and I can do a 5 contract CCW at some point ... ] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Jul-13 | |||
| RKT | CCW | 3500 | $60,305.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: CCW - With 3,500 shares and a cost basis of $21.28 ($20.31 if I count premiums received) I'm looking to start this trade to make it Green ... may take a couple months but if I can I will] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - with 3,500 shares this 0.35 krum is a decent return for this timeframe ... Im using RKT to just pick up krums until it breaks my stock purchase price then I can do the ATM 30 day ... so this is just a premium pickup.] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Jul-13 | |||
| BMY | CCW | 200 | $13,498.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: PMMC - With BMY trading near what I feel to be resistance ... I sold the 0.29 DELTA, 30 day trade and got 0.85 cents on 2 contacts ... little PMCC OTM trade that shouldn't test my strike price if I played it right.] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - With Bristol stock really moving and my CCW going from 0.85 to 0.29 with about a month to go ... we collect almost 0.60 and can now push out my expire date and do another 30 DELTA CCW ... rolling rolling rolling.] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Jul-26 | |||
| UPS | CCW | 100 | $19,200.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: PMMC - UPS getting sold off after earnings allowed me to buy the Jan2023 80 DELTA LEAP Call option and jumped right into action by selling the Sep-3 30 DELTA CCW] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - This CCW option fell below -50%, so we buy back and prep for another one.] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Jul-27 | |||
| RKT | CCW | 500 | $8,750.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: PMMC - RKT trading in a nice range for this long term PMCC trade of just doing CCW, buying them, repeat ... I bought Jan2023 80 DELTA LEAP Call option and jumped right into action by selling premium on this trade.] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - RKT beats earnings and heads higher to my $19.50 strike ... with the PMCC, I can not let my shares be taken so we buy back the option and roll it higher which I did ... doing the $21 strike ] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Jul-29 | |||
| MARA | CCW | 500 | $18,360.00 | |
| [TRADE IDEA: CCW - MARA is moving higher and with it near my $39 Cost Basis ... I'm gonna take this stock that has been sitting for me and put it in the game ... even with earnings coming ... I just want my $39 and this becomes a clean trade, we move on.] > [ CLOSE OUT TRADE: Trade is CLOSED - with MARA popping because Bitcoin is moving higher I BB this option because I can make $550 on this CCW, sell the Sep-24 , $41 strike and make about $3.40 (numbers not confirmed yet) ... basically I can roll this higher for more credits and I will tomorrow.] | ||||
See RT post: Go to UCPTD Download Hub > Click Blog site > Search date > | Aug-9 | |||
| Stock Sale Profits or Losses | ||||
| Below represents all the stock sales that happened during this month ... profit of loss if I sold a stock or had my shares taken its listed below | ||||
| COMPANY | TYPE | SHARES | TOTAL MONEY +/- | |
| NO SALES | ||||
| These trades are 100% closed - I may still own the shares | 0.00% | |||
| My thoughts on the Money Invested vs % returns (above) | ||||
| STEADY RETURNS ... I like the steady returns and not over reaching for these returns ... using stocks that are a mix of higher Vol to lower Vol allows me to play both sides of the traditional CC strategy ... sure, I use some higher Vol stocks but with experience and comfort I'm at a point where I can use them and know I can mitigate losses when I have too. | ||||
| Comparing over the years | ||||
| These totals represent what I've made during this month of the year since I started selling premium | ||||
| 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 |
| $3,066.00 | $10,130.78 | $3,580.18 | $7,146.64 | $3,590.00 |
| Final thoughts on this month as compared to the past (above) | ||||
| 2021 does break a record ... but to make over $5,000 when my monthly retirement cash flow is $2,500 ... that over DOUBLE the goal and thats a winning trade for me! | ||||
| THIS MONTHLY RECAP BREAKS DOWN ALL OF MY TRADES DURING THIS TIME PERIOD | ||||
| Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do have a position in one or more of these equities. By posting this I am by no means recommending this equity and am not front running for its performance. I have risked my own money and am accountable for the trade results. | ||||
| Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy. | ||||
| Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options. | ||||
| - http://www.optionsclearing.com/about/publications/publication-listing.jsp | ||||
| © 2021 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved | Disclaimer | |||


