| > Special Offer < Refer a friend, if they sign up you get a free month of the Upgrade CPT Dashboard |
| My Youtube Channel | Facebook Group | My CC Podcasts | FREE Spreadsheets | CPTDashboard.com |
| Click here | Click here | Click here | Click here | Click here |
|
| | | | |
| DISCLAIMER: These trades I have already done. I'm not recommending these stocks as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'. |
| MONTHLY TRADE RECAP |
|
| UCPTD Monthly Trade Recap - April 2020 |
|
| Using Covered Calls and Cash Secured Puts ONLY! |
| What constitutes a profit? Covered Call and Cash Secured Put premium and if I purchased a stock or ETF to use exclusively for the selling premium strategy and I sell the stock during the same time frame for a profit and or if my shares are taken away from me at a profit. Simple as that - now let's break it down! |
|
| TRADES | PROFITS | WINNER(S) | LOSER(S) |
| 8 | $3,073.72 | 7 | 1 |
| | | | |
|
| My summary of the Month, Expectations and Results |
| Another profitable month that anyone would write home about ... and in fact met my minimum expectation of $2,500 a month ... but it didn't meet my goal of ~$4,583 a month which I need to average per month this year to met my goal of $55,000. Now, I am on pace to meeting that goal with the tremendously HUGE months I've had already ... so right now things are looking good. I do not like that my quick trigger finger gets the best of my and I take a TON of profits off the board by buying back so many of my options. Do I regret it? Heck no ... one in the hand is ALWAYS better then two in the bush and a Krum is a KRUM!. We'll get better at I guess :) |
|
|
| The Monthly Krums! |
| COMPANY | SYMBOL | % GAIN | DAYS | $$$ |
| Facebook | FB | 1.66% | 7 | $538.96 |
| Wynn Corp | WYNN | 9.33% | 13 | $498.96 |
| 3M Corp. | MMM | 0.45% | 13 | $178.96 |
| TQQQ | TQQQ | -3.64% | 54 | -$226.04 |
| UPRO | UPRO | 15.04% | 26 | $816.96 |
| UPRO | UPRO | 3.09% | 28 | $168.00 |
| ROKU | ROKU | 5.61% | 13 | $708.96 |
| ROKU | ROKU | 3.00% | 1 | $388.96 |
| These trades are 100 closed - I may still own the shares | $3,073.72 |
|
| My thoughts on the Monthly Krums! (above) |
| Using some high volatility stocks to generate some serious premiums ... because I've used these over the years I do not have any problems playing them ... April 2020 is smack dab in the middle of the virus lock down ... so to make this much money in a falling uncertain stock market ... I will take it! |
|
|
| Expectation vs Actual |
| What am I seeing here? Did you lose this money? No, this is the money I expected to make when I place the trade. If the Actual money made is less than the Expectation then I bought back the option not making MAX profit as attended. |
| COMPANY | SYMBOL | EXPECTATION | ACTUAL | DIFFERENCE |
| Facebook | FB | $1,720.00 | $538.96 | -$1,181.04 |
| Bought back this option, probably because the stock fell. |
| Wynn Corp | WYNN | $1,500.00 | $498.96 | -$1,001.04 |
| Yep, boring, I know ... bought back this option too as the stock fell. |
| 3M Corp. | MMM | $3,975.00 | $178.96 | -$3,796.04 |
| Bought back this option, probably because the stock fell. |
| TQQQ | TQQQ | $1,873.00 | -$226.04 | -$2,099.04 |
| This was that stupid Call option I BOUGHT and lost all of my money on :( |
| UPRO | UPRO | $1,000.00 | $816.96 | -$183.04 |
| Bought back this option, probably because the stock fell. |
| UPRO | UPRO | | $168.00 | $168.00 |
| Profit from the stock being sold |
| ROKU | ROKU | $1,408.00 | $708.96 | -$699.04 |
| Bought back this option, probably because the stock fell. |
| ROKU | ROKU | $1,531.00 | $388.96 | -$1,142.04 |
| Bought back this option, probably because the stock fell. |
|
|
| My thoughts on the real results (above) |
| Read summary above - I need to work on letting more of my options go to expiration .. that's a ton of cake I'm buying back :/ |
|
|
| Comparing over the years |
| These totals represent what I've made during this month of the year since I started selling premium |
| 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 |
| $3,073.72 | $10,839.18 | $3,046.89 | $2,720.96 | NO DATA |
|
|
| Final thoughts on this month as compared to the past (above) |
| 2019 was a breakout moment for me and probably won't be something that happens ever again ... but notice that 2020, 2018 and even 2017 are pretty consistent and that's the real goal ... because in retirement having steady income that you can count on ... very important IF you ask me :) |
|
|
| THIS MONTHLY RECAP IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! - THIS BEING MY FIRST ONE - MORE TO COME! |
|
| Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do have a position in one or more of these equities. By posting this I am by no means recommending this equity and am not front running for its performance. I have risked my own money and am accountable for the trade results. |
|
| Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy. |
|
| Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options. |
| - http://www.optionsclearing.com/about/publications/publication-listing.jsp |
|
| © 2020 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved | Disclaimer |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.