| x` | My Youtube Channel | Facebook Group | My CC Podcasts | FREE Spreadsheets | CPTDashboard |
| Click here | Click here | Click here | Click here | Click here | |
| NEW TRADE ALERT | |||||
| Monday, May 11, 2020 | |||||
| Standard Covered Call Strategy | |||||
3x ETF
| |||||
| Closed a position with UPRO (UPRO) this week | |||||
ORIGINAL TRADE
| TRADE KRUM! (see details below) | DAYS | Cash on Cash % | Annualized | |
| $323.96 | 32 | 1.85% | N/A | ||
| The trade results and did it meet expectations? | |||||
| OK, I HAVE A PLAN ... might not work out for me but I have a plan nonetheless ... so UPRO at the time I bought back this option ... THIS option was trading for $3.20 ... it ONLY HAD 0.36 cents of time value, expiring this Friday. YES, UPRO will probably close ABOVE my strike of $36 so my shares will be taken ... but I BOUGHT BACK this option because I have BIGGER ideas ... I'm going to pocket this meager $323 bucks as a profit ... BUT I'm going to now BUY 500 MORE shares and will write another CC on UPRO playing the game ... I know I NEVER BUY BACK adding to my cost basis (meaning I always sell the shares) but in the case I didn't add to my CB so I feel I can really work this for the next 30 days ... more to come as I BUY more shares and write that next call ... as for now, only the buy back has happened. | |||||
| ORIGINAL TRADE BREAKDOWN | |||||
| DATE | COMPANY | SYMBOL | SHARES | STOCK WAS | |
| Apr-14 | UPRO | UPRO | 500 | $34.95 | |
| STRIKE | EXPIRATION | PREMIUM RECV | CONTRACTS | CoC % ROO | |
| $36.00 | May-15 | $3.90 | 5 | 1.85% | |
BUY BACK
| WHY DID I BUY THIS OPTION BACK? | ||||
| read above on this one | |||||
| RESULTS FROM THE OPTION BUY BACK | |||||
| SYMBOL | WHEN STOCK WAS TRADING @ ~ | CASH PROFIT | |||
| UPRO | $34.95 | $323.96 | |||
| PREMIUM RECV | BUY BACK PRICE | REAL $ ? | DIFFERENCE / TV $ | CoC% GAIN | |
| $3.90 | $3.25 | $0.00 | N/A | ||
| Always look at a company's chart ... it tells a story and that story could be UP or DOWN | |||||
| Education Corner | |||||
| Great Covered Call video posted at | |||||
| Covered Call - Description - A covered call is a financial market transaction in which the seller of call options owns the corresponding amount of the underlying instrument, such as shares of a stock or other securities. ... writing (i.e. selling) a call generates income in the form of the premium paid by the option buyer. Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covered_call | |||||
| Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do have a position in this equity. By posting this I am by no means recommending this equity and am not front running for its performance. I have risked my own money and am accountable for the trade results. | |||||
| Image credits - stockcharts.com | barchart.com | foolcdn.com | yahoo.com | earningswhispers.com | |||||
© 2020 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
| Disclaimer | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.