Friday, August 11, 2023

CLOSED PMCC Trade | AMD > $1,750 collected in (1) days

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC-2023
CLOSED PMCC TRADE
CLOSED POOR MAN'S COVERED CALL TRADE (NO ROLL)CLOSED
WINNER
$1,750.00
BUT SHARES ARE DOWN
DAYS ONTHIS PMCC TRADE IS CLOSED / NO ROLL
1August 10, 2023August 11, 2023
AMD
TIME AND DATE STAMP
Friday, August 11, 2023
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
DETAILS FOR THIS CLOSED PMCC TRADE
Today, (10) Covered Call contract(s) were bought back on Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (ticker: AMD) Because I bought this option back early, I did not make max profit. The final profit / cash flow collected is posted below. Note, instead of making the original premium profit projection of ~$3.52 per share or $3,520, I collected less which equaled ~$1,750 of the total projected cash flow for this trade.
THIS TRADE WAS PLACED INSIDE MY NON-TAXABLE IRA ACCOUNT
PREMIUM ONLY TRADE
Because I bought this option back, my shares were not taken and this is a premium profit trade only.
Stock Price - placedDateTotal Prem$Contracts
$112.31Aug-10$3.5210
Strike PriceExpireDaysCollected Cash Flow
$114.00Aug-251$1,750.00
WHY I CLOSED this PMCC CCW Trade > $1,750 in the bag in 1 day ... of course I take this off the board ... that was about -49% of the total ... we'll look for another trade
WHATS THE CASH ON CASH PERCENTAGE GAIN (IF ANY)
Premium collected?CoC% +/-Contracts
$1.751.56%10
DO NOT MEET 3% GOAL
-50% Rule?Buy Back CostPercentage Down
CLOSE-$1.77-49.72%
General plan for my Covered Call Write Cash on Cash % investments > I like to generate a 3% Cash on Cash return on my money invested ... depending on the timeframe ... 1 week, 1% is ok but if 30 days I want more like 3 to 4% preferred
WHAT IS THE PLAN FOR THESE SHARES?
BECAUSE I DID NOT ROLL FOR ANOTHER CREDIT, I'M TAKING A 'WAIT AND SEE' APPROACH AND WILL MONITOR THE MARKETS DAILY FOR ANOTHER CHANCE TO PUT THESE SHARES 'IN PLAY' HOPING TO ACHIEVE A PROFIT ON THE COST BASIS OF MY SHARE PURCHASE
______________________________________________________________________________
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell this stock
Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do own shares. That could mean in my taxable , non-taxable accounts or both. I am by no means recommending this stock for purchase
Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner
© 2023 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer
______________________________________________________________________________
-