Sunday, August 2, 2020

UCPTD Monthly Trade Recap - July 2020


> Special Offer < Refer a friend, if they sign up you get a free month of the Upgrade CPT Dashboard
My Youtube ChannelFacebook GroupMy CC PodcastsFREE SpreadsheetsCPTDashboard.com
Click hereClick hereClick hereClick hereClick here
DISCLAIMER: These trades I have already done. I'm not recommending these stocks as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
MONTHLY TRADE RECAP
UCPTD Monthly Trade Recap - July 2020
Using Covered Calls and Cash Secured Puts ONLY!
What constitutes a profit? Covered Call and Cash Secured Put premium and if I purchased a stock or ETF to use exclusively for the selling premium strategy and I sell the stock during the same timeframe for a profit and or if my shares are taken away from me at a profit. Simple as that - now let's break it down!
TRADESPROFITSWINNERSLOSERS
14$7,471.56131
My summary of the Month, Expectations and Results
July 2020 breaks my prior July records ... as I continue this journey to financial freedom and developing a skill where if in retirement I could generate that needed income to live life ... this month as with the past 3 where I've used UPRO for a weekly $1,000 trade has fueled my profits but the interesting thing is it's become (and I hate to say this not to jinx myself) easier to make my monthly goal of $2,500 ... I'll never apologize for selling premium again as its been the most success I've ever had in the markets.
The Monthly Krums!
LegendStock SellCC PremiumCSP Premium
COMPANYSYMBOL% GAINDAYS$$$
UPROUPRON/A14$2,348.96
UPROUPRO-3.67%3-$1,551.04
UPROUPRO1.15%2$548.96
ROKUROKU3.74%32$408.96
ROKU Inc.ROKU0.00%115$0.00
UPROUPRO2.11%7$998.96
UPROUPRO1.55%43$750.00
Gilead SciencesGILD1.31%-5$298.96
Wynn ResortsWYNN3.21%7$272.96
UPROUPRON/A5$1,198.96
JP Morgan ChaseJPM1.35%17$638.96
JP Morgan ChaseJPM0.74%5$363.96
UPROUPRO5.92%9$3,102.96
UPROUPRO-3.64%9-$1,910.00
These trades are 100% closed - I may still own the shares$7,471.56
My thoughts on the Monthly Krums! (above)
What might surprise some ... it's the JP Morgan trades that have impressed me the most as I've used the same shares for multiple Covered Call Writes generating so much MORE money then had I just bought and held the shares ... however, 2 trades that disappointed me ... GILD and WYNN ... bought back those options WAY TOO EARLY and now wish I hadn't ... left big bucks on the table.... UPRO dominates the profits AGAIN!
Expectation vs Actual
What am I seeing here? Did you lose this money? No, this is the money I expected to make when I place the trade. If the Actual money made is less than the Expectation then I bought back the option not making MAX profit as attended.
SYMBOLTYPEEXPECTATIONACTUAL
UPROCSP$2,348.96
UPROCCW$2,700.00-$1,551.04
UPROCCW$3,280.00$548.96
ROKUCCW$1,479.00$408.96
ROKUSTOCK TAKEN$0.00
UPROCCW$2,590.00$998.96
UPROCCW$750.00
GILDCCW$1,194.00$298.96
WYNNCCW$1,854.00$272.96
UPROCSP$1,198.96
JPMCCW$3,215.00$638.96
JPMCCW$3,700.00$408.96
https://cptdashboardtradeblog.blogspot.com/2020/07/new-ucptd-trade-alert-jpm-covered-call_28.html
UPROCCW$1,194.00$3,102.96
UPROSTOCK TAKEN-$1,910.00
CCW
Bought back this option, probably because the stock fell.
CCW
Yep, boring, I know ... bought back this option too as the stock fell.
My thoughts on the real results (above)
The month started with that NASTY HIT where I wrote the UPRO covered call, the stock shot past the strike and I had to buy back the option at a LOSS ... but recovered with the next covered call proving that even in a bad spot, using my skill I can navigate most situations ... provided the links to all the above trades where I give commentary on each on as they closed.
Comparing over the years
These totals represent what I've made during this month of the year since I started selling premium
20202019201820172016
$7,471.56$1,733.59$2,392.74$3,057.00NO DATA
Final thoughts on this month as compared to the past (above)
NOT GOING APOLOGIZE ... I SELL PREMIUM ... and I'm doing it well these days as my year over year profits keep trending higher ... and I would say July wasn't as volatile as the others ... so this is good knowing I can beat my $2,500 goal each month generating CASH to live life, pay some bills ... hell, whatever. Stay with Covered Calls as the Advisor always says and I AGREE!!!!
THIS MONTHLY RECAP BREAKS DOWN ALL OF MY TRADES DURING THIS TIME PERIOD
Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do have a position in one or more of these equities. By posting this I am by no means recommending this equity and am not front running for its performance. I have risked my own money and am accountable for the trade results.
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
- http://www.optionsclearing.com/about/publications/publication-listing.jsp
© 2020 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.