Monday, August 17, 2020

NEW UCPTD Trade Alert - GILD - SOLD Stock @ Loss


All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC - 2020
NEW TRADE ALERT
SOLD Shares for this company at a LOSS
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
SOLD Shares for this company at a LOSS
Gilead Sciences
TIME AND DATE STAMP | .August 17, 2020
My brief explanation why I ended this trade early
CAN'T WIN THEM ALL - Gilead did not perform as I thought it would coming out of its earnings report ... thinking it might catch a serious BID with news that its COVID drug was adding to its profits ... instead, Wall Street didn't like the story and has SOLD it off into the $68's ... I feel this is dead money now and will use this for another CCW idea I have ... look, were not going to have winners all the time but what's important to realize is when you have dead money and have possibility to use that money elsewhere for another idea you act on it ... it always sucks pulling the ripcord but sometimes it's the right thing to do. I did collect a couple premiums and (1) dividend while holding GILD ... we lose what will be just ~$1,600 bucks ... WE MOVE ON!
Stock Loss details
BoughtSoldDaysTotal Loss
$77.50$68.98-10.99%-$2,556.00
Any other Covered Calls while holding this position?
DatePrem + DivSharesKrums Collected
Jun-24$1.00300$298.96
Jun-9$2.35300$703.96
$1,002.92
Total Loss on this trade (+Premium Dividends - Stock Loss)
Stock lossPremiums+DivsTotal lossCashonCash Loss
-$2,556.00$1,002.92-$1,553.08-6.68%
During the time I held this stock I did collect (1) dividend
What did I post back then? Check them out
Click the link below for the CPT Trade Blog and then 'Search' the ticker sym for the stock. Be sure to then select 'Show all posts'
https://cptdashboardtradeblog.blogspot.com/search?q=GILD
The Chart tells a story ... what's this chart telling you?
Disclaimer - No - at the time of this posting I did not own the shares of this equity. and it probably means I've done a Cash Secured Put ... for which if this trade goes against me I *will* own these shares ... I risk my own money on this trade and am accountable for the trade results.
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Image credits - stockcharts.com | barchart.com | foolcdn.com | yahoo.com | earningswhispers.com
© 2020 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.