Friday, December 17, 2021

NEW UCPTD Trade | OPEN CCW on Southern Co. ($275 Prem Only)

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC-2021
NEW CCW TRADE
Covered Call Trade opened using a Standard Covered Call (~30d)
NEW Covered Call position was opened on
TIME AND DATE STAMPFriday, Dec 17, 2021
Southern Co.
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
BASIC COVERED CALL TRADE DETAILS (If Shares Taken)
EXPIRESTRIKEPREMIUMSHARES$ PROFIT
Jan-14$69.00$0.55500$1,125.00
REMEMBER, ALL CALCULATIONS FOR THIS TRADE ARE BASED ON WHERE THE STOCK WAS TRADING WHEN THIS TRADE WAS PLACED AND *NOT* MY STOCK PURCHASE PRICE.
BRIEF EXPLANATION WHY I DID THIS TRADE
MINDSET WHEN OPENED - Below I explain why I did this trade
CCW - Southern Co is a Buy & Hold stock for me where I hold shares for some stock appreciation and covet its dividend. During the companies off events months I like selling covered calls when the stock is at the top of its trading range ... SO @ $67.30 seems Over Bought with an RSI 72 so this is a good time to sell the OTM CCW with the hopes the stock never challenges my strike price, close this trade profitable and still own the shares. I commonly refer to this as my 'Double my Dividend' using CCW trade and expect to NOT have my shares taken.
WHEN TRADE CLOSES - I explain my thoughts on how this closed out.
Trade is OPEN > will add commentary when Closed
THIS TRADE TRADE BEGINS AND ENDS
28December 17, 2021January 14, 2022

PREMIUM PROFIT ONLY (shares are not taken)
PREMIUM ONLYOPTION GAINDIVIDEND?CASH ON CASH %
$275.00$275.00$0.000.82%
Premium Only means I didn't have my shares taken. Trade expired or I bought back
DETAILED TRADE INFORMATION
COMPANYSYMBOLSHARESPRICE@TRADETOTAL COST
Southern Co.SO500$67.30$33,650.00
EXPIRATION DATEDAYSSTRIKEOPTIONOPTION GAIN
Jan-1428$69.00$0.55$275.00
DIVIDENDDIVIDEND GAINSTOCK GAINCoC % GAINTOTAL KRUM
$0.00$0.00N/A0.82%$275.00
All calculations above are based on collecting [ Stock move + CCW + DIV if offered]

What's the expected move in the stock?
Current Stock PriceImplied VolatilityImp Vol (+)Imp Vol (-)DELTA
$67.3022.07%$74.73$59.870.3507
Delta = the expected % chance the stock gets to the Strike0.3507
$74.73
$67.30With Implied Volatility being 0.11035% to reach $74.726555 in this 28 day period, with this Covered Call Strike I'm hoping the stock moves just 0.0850899702823178% of that 0.2207% Implied Volatility
$59.87

Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do own shares. I am by no means recommending this stock for purchase
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Image credits - stockcharts.com | barchart.com | foolcdn.com | yahoo.com | earningswhispers.com
© 2021 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer