Tuesday, May 12, 2026

✅ CLOSED BLENDED Trade | METU > MADE $300. > 0.17% > (7) days > UT (METU260.4)

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC - 2026
CLOSED BLENDED TRADE
THIS BLENDED TRADE IS CLOSED / NO ROLLCLOSED
Today I CLOSED this Covered Call position on (METU)
METU (2x Leveraged ETF to Facebook) > closing a bit early, 0.10 cents can be had on a rolled trade and that's what I will do, just collecting premiums until we clear this trade, which I trade we will > the stock has fallen such that this option is down -75% which means we will use TIME to our advantage and close this trade, taking risk off the table and now have cash back in the account to make another trade 
This trade makes $300 in Covered Call Premium. METU fell which due to the time remaining in the option warranted an early buy back of the option. This would represent 0.17% on money invested.
THIS TRADE WAS PLACED INSIDE MY NON-TAXABLE IRA ACCOUNT
Stock Price - placedDateExpire WASDays On
$24.32May-5May-157
Strike PriceContractsBUY BACKCash Flow Collected
$26.0010$0.10$300.00
Current Status > Down on the Shares
Cash Invested?Cash Flow Collected
$107,060.000.17%
Cost Basis refers to my blended stock + (LEAPS strike + premium I paid) which would equal a blended cost basis > Cost basis is my purchase price and unless otherwise mentioned I never use my selling premium profits on cost basis reduction.
UNIQUE TRADE IDENTIFIERMETU260.4
DETAILS OF THE STOCK/LEAPS CALL OPTION PURCHASES
This blended trade brings together shares and deep ITM LEAPS Call Options to reduce my cost basis to a manageable position so I can exit the trade sooner. The idea is to break even on the shares/LEAPS and profit from the premiums I've collected along the way.
STOCK
SHARESCOSTPAID
1500$28.00-$42,000.00
CURRENT VALUE
$36,075.00
LEAPS
Controlling sharesCOSTPAID
5500-$11.83-$65,060.00
CURRENT VALUE
$60,500.00

JUST KEEPING IN THE IRA TO BUILD THE BANK ROLLYES
Because this is in my non-taxable account I'm just going to use the premium to build the account size to make more premium versus buying dividend paying funds will save that for all my taxable accounts and with no tax implications we're not going to put any money in the tax bucket either
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell this stock
Disclaimer - Yes - at the time of this posting I do own LEAPS Call Options. That could mean in my taxable , non-taxable accounts or both. I am by no means recommending this stock for purchase
Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner
© 2026 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer