Thursday, March 24, 2022

CLOSEOUT UCPTD TRADE | PMCC on MRK > $ 646 Profit

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC-2022
CLOSEOUT TRADE
POOR MAN'S COVERED CALL POSITION CLOSEOUTCLOSEOUT


TIME AND DATE STAMP
Thursday, March 3, 2022
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
THIS PMCC TRADE ENDED IN A PROFIT
INVESTEDLEAPS SALELEAPSCoC%CoC$
-$5,200.00$6,116.00217.62%$916.00


CCWCCW PREM
1-$270.00
TOTAL PROFIT
12.42%$646.00
THIS TRADE LASTED (30) DAYS 12.42% ON CASH INVESTED
30February 22, 2022March 24, 2022
DETAILS FOR THIS COVERED CALL TRADE ARE AS FOLLOWS
WHY I CLOSED this PMCC CCW Trade > With tomorrow being expiration and MRK clearly going to finish above my strike price, I've decided to let MRK trade where its at, taking this profit off the board and re-visiting this trade again later when money flows back in the Techs, out of mature stocks like MRK and we can do this again when MRK is trading lower ... not 12.42% gain on money invested.
Details LEAP Call option I'm using for this PMCC
SYMBOLLEAPSTRIKEPAIDINVESTMENT
MRKJan2023$50.00-$26.00$5,200.00
WHY I OPENED this PMCC CCW Trade - As I posted this morning in a possible PMCC trade idea on MRK I thought with MRK trading in the lower band of its trading range this could be a great start for an OTM CCW and make a decent return on my investment ... using basically an investment of money worth 100 shares I do 3 and get 3 times the CCW premium profit ... for now
CONTRACTS2DELTA0.97YES
PMCC Golden Rule - BUY the ~80 or greater DELTA
How is the LEAP Call Option preforming at this moment
As of this post, this is the MID PRICE VALUE for my LEAP Call Option
WHAT I PAIDCURRENT MID PRICE.+/- %
-$26.00$30.5817.62%
-




















Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner
© 2022 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer
-
-