Tuesday, March 22, 2022

CLOSED UCPTD Trade | CCW on UDOW > $1,104 profit

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC-2022


NEW CCW TRADE
COVERED CALL CLOSEOUT TRADE (Option Buy Back + Stock Sold)CLOSED
UDOW
TIME AND DATE STAMP
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
BASIC TRADE SETUP DETAILS (If Shares Taken)
PURCHASESTRIKEPREMIUMSHARES$ PROFIT
$60.85$62.00$5.30200$1,290.00
REMEMBER, ALL CALCULATIONS FOR THIS TRADE ARE BASED ON WHERE THE STOCK WAS TRADING WHEN THIS TRADE WAS PLACED AND *NOT* MY STOCK PURCHASE PRICE.
BRIEF EXPLANATION WHY I DID THIS TRADE
MINDSET WHEN OPENED - Below I explain why I did this trade
WHY I OPENED this CCW Trade - as I emailed, the DOW is in correction mode and using this as a buy low, sell premium moment I TRIED to get $6.10 but that didn't happen ... checking my expectations at the door as the UDOW kept falling, I did a LIMIT order (never do Market in a falling market) and got a respectable $5.30 or $1,058 ... hoping my shares are taken by Apr-14
HOW IT ENDED DETAILS (Bought Back Option, Sold Shares)
OPTION BBREAL$ IN OPTIONTV COSTPROFITTOTAL
$12.15$11.22$0.93$874.00
$1,104.00
PURCHASESTRIKESHARESPROFIT
$60.85$62.00200$230.00
BUY BACK GOLDEN RULE: I SOLD THE SHARES IMMEDINTALLY AFTER THE BUY BACK TO AVOID LOSING MONEY IF THE STOCK WERE TO FALL WHILE HOLDING IT.
WHEN TRADE CLOSES - I explain my thoughts on how this closed out.
WHY I CLOSED this CCW Trade > With my Time Value on this trade being 0.93 and having over 22 days left I just felt if I could close it I can make up that 0.93 somewhere else ... so we buy back and move on.

Some will say "0.93 cent buy back is just too much" ... because I have over 22 days and UDOW having tons of TV built into it until the final day of this trade ... it will probably cost me this even in the final week so I just close it and use this money else where 

Disclaimer - No - at the time of this posting I did not own the shares of this equity ... I risk my own money on this trade and am accountable for the trade results
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
© 2022 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer

-