Monday, June 26, 2023

CLOSED UCPTD Trade | PMCC on GILD > $250 collected in (10) days cash flow

All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC-2023
CLOSED PMCC TRADE
STANDARD POOR MAN'S COVERED CALL TRADE IS NOWCLOSED
THIS TRADE WAS PLACED INSIDE MY NON-TAXABLE IRA ACCOUNT
WINNER$250.00
DAYS ONTHIS PMCC COVERED CALL TRADE IS CLOSED / NO ROLL
10June 16, 2023June 26, 2023
GILD
TIME AND DATE STAMP
Monday, June 26, 2023
DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'.
DETAILS FOR THIS PMCC COVERED CALL TRADE
Today, (5) Covered Call contract(s) were bought back on Gilead Sciences, Inc. (ticker: GILD) for the Jul-28-2023 Expiration Date, $81.00 Strike Price for a Premium of $1.00 > GILD was trading for $78.18 a share. Because I bought this option back early, I did not make max profit. The final profit / cash flow collected it posted below. Instead of making the original premium, I collected $1 or 0% of the total projected cash flow for this trade.
PREMIUM ONLY TRADE
Because I bought this option back, my shares were not taken and this is a premium profit trade only.
WHATS THE CASH ON CASH PERCENTAGE GAIN (IF ANY)
Gilead SciencesGILD
Strike PriceExpiration DateClosedDays ON
$78.18Jul-28Jun-2610
Premium Was?CoC% +/-ContractsCash Flow collected
$1.005$250.00
-50% Rule?Buy Back CostPercentage Down
YES-$0.50-50.00%
WHY I CLOSED this PMCC CCW Trade > Gilead's stock has fallen such that my option has fallen -50% and with over 30 days left on this option we're going to buy it back pocket the money and look for a Green Day to continue this poor man's covered call writing another 30 day covered call for another credit
WHAT IS THE PLAN FOR THESE SHARES?
BECAUSE I DID NOT ROLL FOR ANOTHER CREDIT, I'M TAKING A 'WAIT AND SEE' APPROACH AND WILL MONITOR THE MARKETS DAILY FOR ANOTHER CHANCE TO PUT THESE SHARES 'IN PLAY' HOPING TO ACHIEVE A PROFIT ON THE COST BASIS OF MY SHARE PURCHASE
______________________________________________________________________________
Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options.
Remember, the content of this site is for informational and educational purposes only. If you invest using information contained here, do so at your own risk. Please read the full disclaimer posted below and visit cptdashboard.com for my privacy policy.
Disclaimer - No - at the time of this posting I did not own the shares of this equity ... I risk my own money on this trade and am accountable for the trade results
Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner
© 2023 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights ReservedDisclaimer