| All rights reserved - Core Position Trading, LLC-2023 | |||||||||
| TRADE CLOSED | |||||||||
| THIS POST SHOWS THE FINAL CCW TRADE AND TOTALS | CLOSED | ||||||||
| THIS TRADE WAS PLACED INSIDE MY NON-TAXABLE IRA ACCOUNT | |||||||||
| I BOUGHT THESE SHARES OUTRIGHT FOR THIS TRADE | |||||||||
| THIS TRADE IS CLOSED, SHARES SOLD OR TAKEN | |||||||||
| This trade is over as my shares have been sold or taken ... below lists all of the Covered Call Premiums collected using this set of shares (for the most part) and the final total of the stock being cashed out or taken. | |||||||||
| WINNER! | $2,451.00 | ||||||||
| DAYS | HAVE OWNED THIS STOCK DURING THIS TIME | ||||||||
| 40 | May 19, 2023 | June 28, 2023 | |||||||
UPS | ![]() | TIME AND DATE STAMP | |||||||
| Wednesday, June 21, 2023 | |||||||||
| DISCLAIMER: This trade is based on this date. I'm not suggesting a move up or down. I'm showing my trade that I have already done. I'm not recommending this stock as a purchase/trade. Think of it like this, I'm 'Showing you the World thru my Eyes'. | |||||||||
| DETAILS FOR THIS LAST COVERED CALL TRADE | |||||||||
| Today, (3) Covered Call contract(s) were bought back on UPS (ticker: UPS) for the Jul-7-2023 Expiration Date, $170.00 Strike Price for a Premium of $4.09 was trading for $169.80 a share. | |||||||||
| PROJECTED PROFIT POTENIAL (STOCK MOVE + CCW PREM + DIV) | |||||||||
| Stock Price - placed | Date | Total Prem$ | Contracts | ||||||
| $169.80 | Jun-7 | $4.09 | 3 | ||||||
| Strike Price | Expire | Days | Possible Dividend | ||||||
| $170.00 | Jul-7 | 30 | $0.00 | ||||||
This projected profit outcome includes a stock move + covered call premium collection and if a dividend is during this timeframe, add that. | Projected Cash Flow | ||||||||
| $1,287.00 | |||||||||
Because I bought this option back, I ended up losing money on the near term Covered Call but made money on the actual stock sale which is posted below | Actual Result | ||||||||
| -$483.00 | |||||||||
| Total Prem$ | Buy Back | ||||||||
| $4.09 | -$5.70 | ||||||||
| DETAILS OF THE STOCK PURCHASE | |||||||||
| I have owned these shares with an original cost basis of $170 | |||||||||
| SHARES SOLD OR TAKEN | |||||||||
| BOUGHT SHARES OUTRIGHT | 200 shares | $170.00 | $51,000.00 | ||||||
| COST BASIS / PURCHASE OF SHARES > | $51,000.00 | ||||||||
| SOLD SHARES EITHER OUTRIGHT OR TAKEN | $175.05 | $1,515.00 | |||||||
| $1,515.00 | |||||||||
| DETAILS OF ALL PREMIUM TRADES (+/-) | |||||||||
| STANDARD COVERED CALL + BUY BACK | $621.00 | ||||||||
| STANDARD COVERED CALL + BUY BACK | $708.00 | ||||||||
| LAST COVERED CALL, BUY BACK, SOLD SHARES | -$393.00 | ||||||||
| $936.00 | |||||||||
| FINAL FINAL DETAILS OF THE OVERALL TRADE (WHY I ENDED IT) | |||||||||
| WHY I CLOSED this CCW Trade > When running the numbers of the buyback based on what I would make Max profit if this went to expiration versus what the initial trade setup was for this trade back in May I found that I can make 4.6% today buying back the option 10 days early versus 5.01% if I let this go to expiration in 10 days those 10 days I believe I can use to generate extra covered call premiums for the next trade using the next stock with this money invested but we make 4.66% on the total investment which is only a mere 4% less than the total 5.01% if I wait 10 days it's safer to take this trade off the board now sit in cash and fine my next covered call candidate or cash secure put | |||||||||
| TOTAL PROFIT/LOSS (CASH) | $2,451.00 | ||||||||
| TOTAL PROFIT/LOSS (PERCENTAGE) | 4.81% | ||||||||
| MET 3% GOAL | |||||||||
| General plan for my Covered Call Write Cash on Cash % investments > I like to generate a 3% Cash on Cash return on my money invested ... depending on the timeframe ... 1 week, 1% is ok but if 30 days I want more like 3 to 4% preferred | |||||||||
| DAYS | 40 | ||||||||
| TOTAL % COLLECTED (PROJECTED VS ACTUAL) | N/A | ||||||||
| Trading stocks and options have risk. Required reading prior to placing money at risk with options is the ODD which is posted below. "The Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options" Prior to buying or selling an option, investors must read a copy of the Characteristics & Risks of Standardized Options, also known as the options disclosure document (ODD). It explains the characteristics and risks of exchange traded options. | |||||||||
| Disclaimer - No - at the time of this posting I did not own the shares of this equity ... I risk my own money on this trade and am accountable for the trade results | |||||||||
| Feel free to email me if you have questions and/or concerns about this post - corepositiontrading@gmail.com - I usually will get back with you in 48 hours or sooner | |||||||||
| © 2023 Core Position Trading, LLC and the CPT Dashboard - All Rights Reserved | Disclaimer | ||||||||
